Monday, September 15, 2008

Kiln Full of Mysteries


Today was a day of making new glass pieces and using some older ones in new jewelry. And I go along completely mesmerized by the processes and every once in awhile I'm completely conscious of how chaotic I am and it makes me smile, most of the time. Sometimes, though, my demons have a field day and try to convince me that I'm whacked for even thinking about showing what I do to anyone because... well you know how demons are. They'll say anything to make you believe you're not good enough. The little devils. Gotta love 'em though. I mean, the alternative really isn't productive. They ARE a part of me and not loving them, well, it's just not a good idea.

So as the kiln cools, I wonder what will appear when I open the lid. I have some educated guesses but it's always a little different than I had imagined. Sometimes more than a little bit.

I'm attaching a pic of the necklace I finished today. I called it Inlakesh. It honors the Tribal energy of my Soul. If you click on the picture it gets big and you can see it up close. It's kinda cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment