Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mysterious (click to see more of her art work)




I had forgotten about the click click click of the kiln as it raises the temperature inside at a certain rate. When it reaches it's prescribed heat it's held, and then begins to climb again. This way the glass heats and expands safely. No breaking, hopefully. There's a serenity in the clicks, the letting go of the reins, allowing the heat to just be heat and do what it will do. And then there is this thing that's almost like an emotion, perhaps it is an emotion, this feeling that mystery exists and within the sensation of this existence, freedom, a contentment. Of course, in awhile, when the glass is so hot that it glows, I'll have to peer in, witness the molten fusions. Can't look too long, though, 'cause it's like looking at the sun. The hardest part is the hours of cooling. I always have such a craving to touch the pieces, see them after each piece of glass has become one, hold them and feel the smoothness under my fingertips, turn them over and over and over, still warm. I'm so grateful for the Muse-ition of my lover. Miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment