Thursday, September 18, 2014

Vibrant Day

Wonderful day, Much solitude with walks and sitting quietly. Then studio time. Creativity has been funneled so many other places. Places that are vibrant and important but I've missed the kinds of ways she manifested today. Exploration and learning. Making "samplers", as I always call them.

I purchased a tutorial from a woman on Etsy on how to make things out of tin. In the past few weeks I've been gathering old cookie tins, lunch boxes, platters, and anything else colorful and made from tin.

Then awhile ago my friend Erika and I biked to the studio and she gave me a lesson on soldering. Turned out I didn't have the right tools for the job, so that had to change and so it did.

Then of course there were the tools that had to be found to make little domed shaped thingys like you see here. These are practice for dapping (the doming part) and soldering.

But wait, there's more!! In order to make those little perfect circles that will be dapped and soldered.... a disk cutter needs to be purchased along with a big brass hammer. (I think I've mentioned this in an earlier post)


So all of this preparation to create these 4 little do hickeys of which I'm not sure have a purpose at this point BUT in my minds eye I see earrings, and bracelets, and pendants, oh my!

Oh yeah, there is also the 3 classes I signed up for at the jewelry school across the street. Beginners and intermediate enameling, and a cold connections class. I'm really not sure where all of this is going but I know it's relevant and extremely exciting. More details as they arise.  : - }







No comments:

Post a Comment