Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

I wrote a song for him when I was 15. I had this guitar with only 5 strings. Didn't have the money to buy one after it broke. Sometimes you just do with what ya have.

When he finally came into the world I was 40. I tried for years to have him begin in my belly but it was not to be. I will always be beyond grateful to his other mom for her love and fertility.

This year he brought up Mother's Day and made the plans with both of us. I really, really like this man. I think I'll make a day called Children's Day and celebrate it with him soon.

"Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of life's longing for itself."
                                                                                  The Prophet
                                                                                   Kahlil Gibran


No comments:

Post a Comment