Friday, May 23, 2014

Simpleness


Today was a workday. I made some money doing things that bring a fair amount of satisfaction and some joy. Listening to people's stories about their bodies and their hearts, stories about their every days and their unusual days. I imagine that being a bartender has some similarities but in my case there is no obvious altered states except those induced by the stories themselves.

After work I came home to my quiet cave and made myself some dinner. One of my favorite paleo like recipes of a lamb smothered in spinach that steams into yumness. Just a simple salt and pepper spicing.

I began to think about the rain that fell today and opened the door and decided to walk to the Shiga Gardens and check the plot. The sky was darkening and gorgeous and I felt a sweetness. Walking past this ample hedge of ceanothus was transporting. The air was tropically thick and the scent of purple intoxicating.

In the garden the straw mulch was humid. Reaching my fingers into the straw covering the potatoes made me smile with the sensualness of it. I truly love my garden and the earth.

What a beautiful day. There never has been or ever will be one like it. I am gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment