Thursday, July 3, 2014

15 Miles


In a few minutes I am on my way to get into a hot tub for as long as it stays hot. Me and _____________ (she has yet to be named) went 15 miles today and I'm am deliriously happy and exhausted. We rode about 10 miles and came home. Then... I had the crazy idea of trying out the route to work. Oh lordy. I didn't make it up some of the hills but soon I will and on the way back, I got lost so we went who knows how much longer. It didn't matter. It was all worth it.

Sitting in front of the fan, cooling myself off, I had this satori about pain and how it would have been impossible for me to do this ride last year or have the vision of getting up the hills that I couldn't do today and feel happy, excited, and confident. Made me cry tears of joy as well as some sadness because I also realized the pain that physical pain causes. Emotional, spiritual, and all the rest. Excruciating for the ones with the pain and difficult for those close to them. My own personal teaching from this, my hope, is that I hold this awareness and always remain compassionate and non-judgmental. 

Today is a day that makes gratitude come easily! 

No comments:

Post a Comment