Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Solitude


I am an introvert. More and more I'm beginning to understand what that means in my world. In me there is an ever deepening awareness of the complexities of my love for solitude and my desire for relationship and the bonding of those two pieces of who I am. My friend Jade always reminded me of this Balance. I'm realizing this Balance requires creativity and openness and deep thought and compassion for myself and those in my life. Within these realizations I'm coming to grips with my own learning curves about it. My developing understanding looms immensely when I visualize all the moments that have brought me to this one.

To any of the loves in my life, my son, my lovers, and my friends that I have hurt in any way because of my misunderstanding of myself and my/our relationship with solitude, and therefore my inability to communicate about it in a clear and loving way, I feel deep tenderness and I am heartily sorry. And because we can't go back and insert the kindness I wish would have been, I can only humbly thank you for the gifts you've shared with me. I will always feel blessed by them. Sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment