Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Road Trip #2


Ferry time. Southworth. Jeez I love the air with the scent of salt water and the wind in my face. Stood on the deck both ways and it made me high. This was a time to check out Belfair, Grapeview, Port Orchard. These places I can get land and home for cheap enough to keep a nest egg intact. The more I look, the more I'm apt to believe that buying some land and building a tiny bungalow might be my answer.

There are pre-fab and stick built. I haven't decided yet, mainly because there are so many choices and I need to walk inside of several of them before that happens. One of the cool things is I will probably have to do some traveling to find them as they are all over the country. That's pretty exciting. Maybe part of this exploration I can do some of the long distance walking that still dances around in my dreams. This is one of my favorite designs from Tumbleweed.  It's called the Harbinger and after calculating, with the help of Tumbleweed and Building-Cost.net, I figure it'll cost about 70,000 to build. That includes contractor, materials, permits, and equipment. Total square footage on this tiny beauty is 770 sq ft. Plenty of room.


The other one I love is The Z-Glass. The one pictured has rolled hot steel siding. Kinda suits me. Both of them do, which is why I can be pretty complicated sometimes, I suppose. This one is 370 sq. ft. Somewhere around 30,000 to build.


Hmmm, scooting back to the topic of road trip.... what a gorgeous day and I was delighted with the finds. I love doing this even though, at this point, it's just window shopping. Feels closer, though, since some of the hurdles of selling my house are just about to be cleared in Olympic fashion. Still, I'm not really in any hurry. I realized that when I started getting impatient. Funny how that works. This whole process reminds me, continually, that every moment is perfect. There were a couple of pieces of land that were calling to me and I so wished I was free to get myself entangled with them. When the time is right....

Someday I'll try to get pictures of the water they were next to. The Sound, creeks, rivers. That'll be when I go with my realtor, Jayne. What a roadtrip that will be!!





No comments:

Post a Comment