Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Once Upon A Time

Over a year ago was my last post. February of 2015 I left the store and ventured into the forest with a plan. The plans have changed, evolved, blossomed, and the forest moves through her seasons like a dancer. Trees have fallen in the wind, roses have bloomed and faded, there are goats on the alder tree line by the cabin and a house with the framing of exterior walls sits on the edge of the western land boundary. There is also a companion, George, who's favorite pastime is leaping through the tall grasses, ferns, and horsetail by the ponds.

My first winter in the cabin
It's pouring down rain and the sound on the metal roof of the cabin stills me. The light through the skylight is golden, streaming through the carbon black clouds that flirt with the bits of blue showing through. Paradise.

Writing is good. There has been so much in a relatively short time. I am so full of contentment and looking forward. Somehow the words of it ground me and render me even more grateful.







No comments:

Post a Comment