Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Perception of a Day

Sculpture by Amanda Shelsher

I did not go to my studio today. I don't know how long it's been since I've worked there. There was the completely unorganized chaotic craft show that I was getting ready for, then Christmas, then the new year of finding myself single, moving, and heartbroken in a matter of days. More changes than I could have even imagined. Life at it's most absorbing, yeah? The studio calls to me and, perhaps tomorrow.

But I did sleep in and and go to therapy, both essential for my peace of mind. Took myself out for brunch with 10 bucks that I didn't put in the gas tank, read ceramics magazines like they were dessert, cried, read about paleo exercise (found myself "lunging" after 4 or 5 steps and it felt great!), cried, researched beta glucan and a few other polysacharides, went to the BIG hardware store and got another pretty white shelf for my tiny kitchen, put it up and felt very proud, cried, and decided to do laundry.

Ah the laundry room. $1.50 for wash, the same for a dry. I met Calvin there. He's lived here for about 8 years. He can't exactly remember and besides his dog passed away today and he's not very grounded and very sad. And then I met Carl. He lives above me and he accidentally walked into my apartment instead of his a little earlier. Suppose he just forgot to climb the stairs. He's nice. He hasn't heard the smoke alarm go off when I take a shower with the door open. It's on the ceiling just outside the bathroom. Not smart. He says his is in the same place but that doesn't happen. Go figure.

Then I read email from my friend Sarah and it reminded me to take notes. Notes like this. Journal. And so here I am. I wonder what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment