Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tribe


 William Morris. One of the most inspirational glass artists in my life. One of the most inspirational artists in my life period. They are like paintings or ceramics and metal and he creates artifacts in the here and now. I believe he is connected to some thing(s) ancient and powerful. Sometimes I feel that connection in me.

I remember one time a vision. Like a dream but no sleeping. The smoke of the fire in my nostrils and the smell of the fur under my body as I was curled upon it. Dirt on my skin and I think an ocean close by. The sound of the crackling warmth and a sense of family, my people, my tribe.

In this culture, in this life, I've felt lost in a lack of tribe. Imprisoned in the absence of it. Maybe that's why relationship holds such a hopeful attraction for me. One of the reasons anyway, I suppose.





No comments:

Post a Comment