Saturday, September 6, 2014

Letter


Anke Merzbach


Dear V,

The Universe is always teaching me, or maybe, I am just always being taught. This time it’s, again, about letting go of any expectations because all you have with that way of being is speculation, bouts of impatience, and tedious turmoil within the possibilities of endless lack of gratification. Or maybe I could just enjoy the mystery and the anticipation. I could twist my mind and psyche into little pretzels of euphoric “maybe’s” and wishes and hope for the best. I could even swim in some kind of ocean of desire without mercy or a life jacket for the consummate devil may care thrill. 

Then, of course, there is always this ideal of a peaceful mind. I’m pretty sure you can’t strive for it because that has it’s own pendulum of fears and failure.

So there you have it, one afternoon of wandering with this mind I have. Weirdly enough, through the maze, I'm reminded that every moment is perfect because it just can’t be any other moment than it is… just like me.

I wish you were here. Your words are so much quieter than my own.

Thanks for listening,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment