Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Couple Of Things

Nightimes, before I go to sleep, I try to remember to be thankful for all the blessings of my life. Along side of that I make an intention to become kinder in my life, be more compassionate. (I also ask for help from the vast Universe or whatever might be listening that might have that capability) Never one to remember that you should be careful about what you pray for, my beloved vastness took it upon herself to give me more opportunity to be kinder, gentler, more compassionate.

Patty Griffin. All ready to go to the concert here in October. Beyond excited with wings on my feet and a song in my heart. It seemed like a miracle that she would even be here and that I could afford the tickets for me and Bruce (another one of her fans). I was beyond grateful.

Sue, my dear sister, is really scared because she's having a procedure in September and I immediately decide that I want to be by her side. I've had similar experiences and since I think the last time I got to be there, in the flesh, for her was when her son David was born, many, many years ago. So I make reservations to fly to the Bay Area, make reservations for a car, and request schedule changes for work and all is set. We're ready to go.

Turn the page. My sister's appointment for her procedure was mistakenly set by a student at the dental school. The actual date is the day before the Patty concert in October. Grave disappointment. Shaking my fist at the vastness for such a joke and all of a sudden realizing the perfection of an answered request. The disappointment of missing the concert could never be as deep as the blow that I would inflict on myself if I were to not be there for Sue. Not even close. So this is when gratefulness has it's true meaning, it's most beautiful meaning. Without giving up the misfortune of not seeing Patty ( hell, I'll find another way to see her), without having to give up wincing at the reservation change charge, without having to suck it up in any way, I can have it all AND be kind, and compassionate, and grateful, immensely grateful, for the opportunity to learn with such clarity. These might be teachers 4, 5, and 6.

Life is breathtaking.




No comments:

Post a Comment