Thursday, August 7, 2014

Teacher One


My wage work is also my heart work, another fork of my practice in the world, a sacred teacher of how we are all connected, of who I am, of how to see and listen and  learn more deeply the blessing of kindness.

Teacher One

The tall, thin woman in her sleeveless shirt and her honey colored and perfectly perfect salon hair, deciding to become a vegetarian. Adamantly NOT a vegan, but she read somewhere that if she doesn't eat meat she needs to supplement with B12. I did, of course, show her my favorite supplement and give the list of B12 foods but what seemed more important was listening to her comment about a birthday coming up, the sigh before talking about an aging parent, and the beat of her heart against the fears that moved her and the strength that holds her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment