Thursday, November 27, 2014

Gratitude


A sweet day, sometimes bittersweet. Last year I spent Thanksgiving  with someone that I didn't know would be gone by New Year's day. There were memories of that dinner and family.

This year the dinner was even tastier, I think. The company was lovable. My kid's uncle who is always dear and gentle. My son who never ceases to brighten my moments with his gentleness and beauty. His other mom never looked so gorgeous and is a particularly gracious hostess. Her partner is wonderful and makes H's eyes shine. And grandma... her last words as she's walking down to her car, "I always try to keep doing the things that I can." She's probably almost 90.

We went around the table to speak of the things we felt thankful for. Our dear tradition. Me? I just feel blessed for all the wonderful people in my life, my health, my beautiful son, and all the possibilities that life has to offer. The Universe is truly conspiring to shower us with blessings. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment