Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Straw Bale





As I'm researching this new insight for myself I find that my heart is beating a little faster and I have to catch my breath. There is something so freakin' exciting about this concept. I have signed up for newsletters and following blogs but wow, this would be a beautiful home. Small, crafted, environmentally wonderful, affordable, and beyond delightful.


I remember when I was doing some renovations on the house I'm preparing to sell, I wanted to put alcoves in the walls. It would have taken more money that I had at the time to tear down the walls and frame for them, so instead, and I'm not sure why this satisfied the alcove need for the moment, I used plaster over the entire bedroom wall with designs from my bare hands.

A straw bale house will give me opportunity make my home a piece of art. And today I found out, through a new blog that the International Residential Code (IRC), which is the basis for virtually every jurisdiction in the U.S, is going to amend it's code to allow straw bale construction.

The awareness that there was even something like a house made from straw bales came yesterday when I visited Sun Ray in Sedro Woolley to check out a mobile tiny home he had for sale. To my amazement what I found was a huge house made from straw and cob. The entire house was a work of art. I took some pictures but they didn't come out very well so I found some others online. If you click on them they'll be bigger.

Step by step the way unfolds before me. Seriously, I find myself filled with joy when I see these houses and imagine my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment