Saturday, June 28, 2014

1977

An old friend of mine came into the store with a Radical Woman Leaflet from the 1977 Gay Pride March. What a stroll down that lane of memories. I showed it to a few people and they seemed surprised that I play guitar and wanted to know what I had played or what the scene was about. Being that I have a severe case of CRSS (Can't Remember Shit Syndrome) I, of course, had no idea. But I do remember that it was a couple of years before I stopped drinking and drugging myself into other worlds and it was the year before I bought a 1978 Honda Civic off the lot. I was the only person in my immediate family to ever buy a brand new car. 1977. 10 years after I graduated from High School. Wow. I really did a lot between graduation and gay pride. Was married, divorced, moved to Oregon and then Washington, walked from Paris to Marseilles and spent 3 months in Paris, had innumerable jobs including tree planting and working in the Weyerhauser nursery, driving a semi from coast to coast over a months time, living for a year in a cabin 4 miles up a dirt road with no water or utilities, and a washer in a hospital laundry. Jeez, and that's just the tip of the employment and adventure icicle. I have an an extraordinary life. Thank you, Universe, Loves, Children, Acquaintances, Angels and all the moments that create all the moments. I am blessed and eternally grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment