Saturday, June 21, 2014

Practice


Two whole days in the studio. Some new tools and reverberating excitement. Along with my reaching in to understand shame resilience, worthiness, and whole hearted loving and living, I've come to realize, in a much deeper way, that art, creativity is my spiritual practice. Simultaneously, I've realized that spiritual practice is a key to joy and my own authenticity. I suppose that a lot of people already know this. Maybe. Maybe not. Oh man, I sure have a tendency to compare and judge myself. This makes me smile to see. 

There was a question. What do I think the difference is between self awareness and self love. Maybe I just found the answer, eh? To see that I compare, is awareness. To smile and love myself for seeing, that's the love thing. 

Hustling for worthiness is how I lose myself. Believing in it, is how I'm found. These days I feel like I'm welcoming my Self home.

Photograph by Katrina Keifer



No comments:

Post a Comment