Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dappled Light

The Cave has been an absolute haven and I love it. Still, there is starting to be a desire for more Light. These have been the times when shadows have made themselves known. Shadows, the places where the light has an obstacle and the places in me that show themselves so they can be touched and, hopefully, loved, accepted, deemed worthy.

There was a time when I thought of myself as the moon. The light on my surface always coming from someplace outside of myself. Not that I didn't have a Light of my own. I just thought of it as this burning heat deep within me that never made it to the top, to the edges, was never seen by another being. Part of me, I think, still has that perception. The shamed part that doesn't reflect my worth, that has a voice that sounds kinda like Gollum. She's been a lot quieter in the past year or so. Maybe it started about the time that the sleeping, hiding, wandering children that live within me as me, were seen. Glorious day. I am enchanted by their beauty, wisdom, and strength.

Today, on my walk on paths near my studio I found this remnant being consumed by the earth. I burst out laughing from joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment