Sunday, October 26, 2014

Conversations



So I have these conversations with people/beings in my head. Therapists, friends, spiritual celebrities, regular celebrities, beings completely unknown to me, shapeshifters, ex's, etc. Recently there was this conversation about the question "why" and whether or not it's a word that inspires a tendency toward defensiveness. The players in this conversation varied, kinda like in a dream. You know how that goes. I think, at first, it was an ex, then it was my therapist, then it was Pema Chodron, and then it was Ce Lo Green. Of course, sometimes the conversations have to do with making decisions, even daily ones, like getting going in the morning with all the various reasons to get out  of a cozy, warm bed.... or not.

Often I am sincerely delighted by the depth and humor laced throughout the talks. Sometimes they are like debates and these I'm usually enlightened by and can regularly change my mind or direction based on the arguments presented. Still, many times there is no conclusions drawn and I am still left in a quandary, although a much calmer one. These are the times that I find contentment in the knowledge of the existence of Mystery.

Lately there has been a vast amount of talking about the upcoming Retirement and where I will plant myself, or if I will plant myself at all. Some of my advisers have reminded me of my beginnings as a rolling stone while others have taken me through the memory lane of times living on the land in complete solitude and discovering the joys of roots.  Mostly, all of them tell me that whatever I choose will be perfect in the moment of it's choosing and that nothing is set in concrete. Good to know.

Sincere gratitude to my head and the voices that reside there. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment