Sunday, October 5, 2014

Today

My sister sent me this today. This comes after her surgery being cancelled AGAIN due to some incredibly inhumane, inept, ridiculous and stupid. (that just might be redundant), bureaucratic incompetence. That might be a whole stinkin' pile of redundancies..


So, after cursing the Universe, or Whatever for several hours and losing about 20 grand of unreal money on a poker site (I'm a terrible poker player. You can't play intuitive poker and win, I think) I decided to sleep on it. This decision came after about an hour with Pema Chodron on whether or not you can actually incorporate the concept of trust when talking about the Universe and Life.

Lorca was waiting for me to pick her up from the bicycle pediatrician where she was having her 3 month check up. So off I went walking down the Ravenna meridian, Patty blasting in my head  (I get to go see her now, hopefully), the sensation of fallen oak tree babies on the soles of my shoes, blue sky against the changing colors in the trees, and then all of a sudden, an ex that I've been running into lately after many many years walks toward me. She's tired and sad that she's tired. Epstein-Barr. Another beautiful courage right before me. Another sign from the gods that life is just what it is, always. 

Picked up Lorca and rode, and rode, and rode. I love her.Home now. Cooling off at my desk in front of the fan and wondering what will happen next. There's always that.


No comments:

Post a Comment