Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Laughter

Last night I heard the most beautiful laughter. The kind of laughter that lights up the entire Universe and makes it smile from ear to ear. The sound of dew coming to rest on a rose petal, the barking of happy greeting dogs, the sweet melody of lovers meeting anywhere. Now that I've heard it, I have no doubt that I'll ever be able to live without it's possibility. Reminds me of one of the stories in Wind in the Willows. The baby animals were lost in the forest and Pan came to help them. First he played his pan pipe so that each one would feel peaceful and content, then fall asleep. Then he brought the animals looking for them to where they were safe and sound. But before he left, he put a spell on the children to forget the music of the pipes, for if they remembered it, they would spend the rest of their days searching for it. At least that's how I remember the story. And that's how I know, there will be no forgetting that laughter, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment