Sunday, July 13, 2014

Road Trip

Took one of my favorite women with me on a day road trip to Camano Island. Gorgeous, graceful, and so talented, Patty Griffin. She sang to me the entire way and I swear I fell in love with her more with every mile. After 100+ miles, that's a lotta love. Her voice has got to be one of the most beautiful sounds in the entire universe. With the sound, from rock to country to gospel, and with the her ability to tell a story, my faith in all beings grew.




Camano was the choice because it's one of the places on my list of where to move next year. There is this open road adventurous spirit that is cradled in me. She, in the recent past, hasn't been very well but lately she thrives and blooms. She also continues to remind me of the long walk we'll take. So may that come true.


Patty and I stopped at a restaurant in Stanwood. I gather that it was created by Vikings because that's it's name, among other artifacts. The food wasn't memorable but the customers were and the waitrons.




Although the day was scorching, the islands breezes blew sweetly and we cried and laughed and sang loudly to the music. The country was ripe with cattle, sheep, eagles, hawk, and osprey. I suppose nothing is perfect, though. In a gorgeous, dancing field of windswept grass a little building intruded. 


Next road trip might be over to the peninsula. Maybe my entire music collection will join me. Ah the likes of Chris Pureka, Manu Chao, Bach, Frou Frou, more Patty, and many others, on shuffle.

Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment