Saturday, April 26, 2014

New Members of the Cave Family


"The ants go marching two by two haroo haroo". Normally. But in the Cave, there are only two, as far as I can tell. They've been here for months. A little tiny bit of crack at the corner of the tub is their entry. They don't have to use the front door. So when I happen to be "sitting" there, there they are, Barney and Malcolm.

My stereotype of ants is that they run in lines, many, many ants to and fro. Barney and Malcolm, rebels that they are, only inhabit that one little corner and never follow each other and NEVER go in a line. Barney prefers to explore the edge of the bath mat, while Malcolm's main route is discovering, in detail, where the floor and the wall meet. 

I've thought about putting some food out for them. I'm not sure what they're finding to eat. Sometimes I wonder if they're lost and looking for their other family.  However, as much as I love them I think that I will have to trust that they are managing just fine and don't need rescuing. They are on their own path and it just happens to be in the corner of my bathroom.

Added to my list of things to do.... get to know more about ants.


No comments:

Post a Comment