Friday, April 11, 2014

Word of the Day

It's gotta be "fiasco".Or possibly "debacle". Fiasco sounds so Italian and debacle sounds, to me, like something from the Ocean.

But tonight, either of them purely describes me, just getting home from work, preparing to make myself a little din din, opening the fridge and dropping the Sunflower Seed oil container to the floor and having to mop up, somehow, 8-10 ounces of oil from my wood like kitchen flooring.

Looking around, in dismay, but with also a kind of grin because it's all so ridiculous, I find some cleaning tools. 1. A spray can of carpet cleaner, which I soon discover, does not spray but performs a kind of oozing of thick foam into a pile that drops like heavy white plops onto the floor. 2. Paper towels. 3. A spray bottle of stain remover. 4. A never been opened or used wet/dry Swiffer. What was I thinking? 5. Some Arrow Root powder, which I had purchased to try out a new Almond Flour Tortilla recipe but was now considering using it to soak up the oil that had flung itself upon the carpet.

I hadn't thought about using oil to shine the plasticness of the flooring, but in the future I might. At this point it all seems to be not too slippery and the large pool of oil is gone. The carpet? Well, I haven't vacuumed it yet. Wish me luck.

Maybe I'll keep one of these around just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment