Sunday, April 27, 2014

Wow

Woke up with a sore throat and snuffles. Not crazy bad but thought I would just rest up since tomorrow is an early work day and probably an entire day of cashiering. Then, at about 2 I just had to gather my gloves, knee pads, and rain jacket and head to my new garden space. Best idea I've had in a long time for so many reasons.

Beyond peaceful. One family was there. Young ones with their 2 year old ("I"m almost 3 in June"). She and I eventually were able to share some of our stories. I was pulling carrots out while weeding and she got to eat some of them.

The sky was filled with blues and greys and the sweetest air was all around. I worked and worked and worked and there was this one moment I realized that I would not have been able to do the work I was doing, last year. My body would not have allowed it. There would have been an intense feeling of fragility and a little paranoia about pain and injury. Today, there was none of that. I am so grateful. Whether it be my no grains, no sugar, no dairy, no legumes diet, or whether it be just some kind of change in my psyche, the smile inside me was probably lighting up the world. I just need to say thanks to whatever is helping.

Half my life ago I had cut out letters and hung them on my wall. Big letters. They said, "Confidence in one's body is confidence in one's Self. Yep. Usually I learn things more than once, or even twice.

I'm not quite finished. I wanted to stay but it was getting dark and I need to remove this trellis that is something of a fence that makes one edge of the weeding a challenge. That comes down next visit. (It's screwed on or it would be gone now) I can't wait to go back!!!

BEFORE


WORK IN PROGRESS


3 comments:

  1. You got a lot accomplished! Hope the sore throat and sniffles are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sore throat at all!! And the energy I had at work was exhilarating. Bring Ms. CC and come play sometime.

    ReplyDelete