Monday, March 17, 2014

Cave Kitchen


Behind the wall where the sink and stove are, is the Cave Bathroom. These two rooms and the bit of wood-ish flooring entry way are about a third of my cave. I like it. It doesn't overwhelm me. The ADD part of me enjoys cleaning it because there's not so much to get distracted by and in this solitude, in this tiny space, there is a kind of peace. 

The one problem might be routine. There is a tendency, in the cave, to do the same things the same way, every day. I'm thinking this might create a fertile environment for a kind of loneliness. Now, I don't mind being alone, but loneliness sucks. And it always sneaks up on me. When I feel it start to wrap it's insidious arms around me I leave the cave and go into the world where there is always surprise, spontaneous adventure, and the occasional puppy to be wonderfully greeted by. 

Balance. My friend, Solitude's Mirror, would always remind me to walk in balance. I remember those words so often. Maybe not as much as I forget them, but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment