Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Home





My son has lived in our home most of his life. He lives there now. He lives there now and I just told him that he has to be somewhere else in August. All day I've thought about it. And me. I've lived there for almost half my life. And I've decided to leave it. Go somewhere else. Smaller, more peaceful, somewhere else. And right now I'm having some grief about this. I know, I think I know, it's the right decision for me. Still... and a little more grief. I'm getting very intimate with it.

I left my home 3 years ago also, but I left my son holding down the fort. I thought I had a new home. That was not to be.

That's a picture of him in our front yard. My sweet dream come true. That baby is the same man I talked with today about our lives changing and we shared our concerns and fears and a kind of adventure anticipation. I love him beyond all measure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment